Thank you for your willingness to donate breast milk! Your milk will go to the Mother’s Milk Bank of Iowa or the Mothers Milk Bank of Western Great Lakes for processing until a milk bank is established in Minnesota. Both banks are affiliated with HMBANA, Human Milk Banking Association of North America.
If I want to donate breast milk, how do I get started?
1. Contact the Minnesota Milk Bank for Babies at 763-546-8051.
Until our bank is fully operational, your donation might be processed through Mothers Milk Bank of Western Great Lakes. Their website has the requirements for milk donation:
Mothers Milk Bank of Western Great Lakes
2. Once you are approved to donate, the affiliated milk bank will send you a kit explaining how to get the required blood testing done – all paid for by the milk bank.
3. Start pumping and freezing your milk for donation.
Where can I drop off my milk?
There are currently several milk collection depots in the area. Please call them directly to set up an appointment to drop off your frozen milk:
1. North Memorial Medical Center, Robbinsdale, MN – 763-581-8340
2. Alexandria Clinic Alexandria, MN – 320-763-5123
3. Hudson Hospital & Clinic Birth Center, Hudson, WI – 715-531-6572
4. Park Nicollet Methodist Hospital, St. Louis Park, MN – 952-993-5124
5. Isanti County Public Health, Cambridge, MN – 847-262-5134